Monday, September 6, 2010

Loadbalance internet traffic

Considering the number of friends who ask me about it, I try to explain here how to setup your internet connection with more than one gateway connecting to our server. I've never discussed this issue in my previous posts but it seems inadequate. I once again try to discuss here.

Suppose you have an Internet connection to two providers, said the CBN and TelkomSpeedy (This ad is not lho emoticons). You intend to divide the bandwidth to a second ISP, you can do with Linux. In my case, I use openSUSE 10.3 with kernel patch from Julian Anastasov can didonlod here. However, there is a good idea before you install the patch you know exactly what to do. As a first step please read the document as an introduction lartc which I think is very good.
In short patch from Julian Anastasov will enable your kernel to "dead gateway detection" for further divert traffic to other gateways that are still functioning. Implementation of this patch in combination with ip, iproute and iptables linux machine allows us to perform load balancing Internet traffic through multiple gateways. If the reading on the CERT on top, he developed for the implementation of Linux Virtual Server cluster / fault-tolerant in linux. And as a side-patchnya effectnya we can use for load balancing traffic. Although fault-tolerant for project I use only the script vrrpd simpler implementation emoticons. Sorry yes Om.


Source : http://medwinz.blogsome.com/2008/05/12/load-balancing-trafik-internet/